Wednesday 15 January 2014

19th Century Pocket Watch



So I received this 19th century verge escapement pocket watch from my dad, his father bought him it as a present around 40/45 years ago and he hadn't wound it in many many years, unfortunately over the years the case went missing then over Christmas he gave it to me to have a play with as I found it really interesting and see if I could even do anything to fix it! 



Yesterday and today I spent stripping, clean and putting it back together learning so much along the way. It now runs (though does need a little regulating) and I actually found it rather fun!


Between the plates, showing off the fusee.

I also really love the fact that I have made something that's around 200 years old work again! I'm really chuffed and now have massive amounts of respect for watchmakers from that era when there was no mass production! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for more!